Updated: Feb 18
Yield: 18 brownie bites
1 large sweet potato
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup hot coffee
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini cupcake tin (18 total) with non stick spray.
2. Cook the sweet potato until very soft. You can do this by piercing holes with a fork along the outer skin of the potato and microwave for approximately 5-8 minutes, or until soft through the center. Let sit until safe to touch, slice in half, and scoop out the insides.
3. Mash the sweet potato in a bowl. Add the hot coffee, melted butter, 2 eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Slowly add this mixture to the wet mixture until everything is well mixed and the batter in formed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop a large spoonful into each cupcake space, distribute evenly among the 18 holes. Bake for 8-10 minutes. These hold up great in the freezer in an air tight bag.
Nutrition Facts per brownie bite: 97 calories, 2g protein, 16g carb, 3g fat, 2g saturated fat, 89mg sodium, and 2g fiber