Updated: Feb 18
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
3 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil (or melted butter)
3/4 Cup Flax Milk (or milk of choice)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and milk until well blended.
2. Add the flour and salt to the mixture and stir together using a wooden spoon. If the mixture is too dry, you can add more milk.
3. Once the dough is formed, remove from bowl and knead on flour dusted surface for about 1 minute.
4. Cover dough with saran wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 6 sections, roll into balls and then flatten with rolling pin until thin. Use flour to help ensure dough doesn't stick to rolling pin or counter.
6. In a medium-sized skillet, add about 1 Tbsp of olive oil and heat until warm.
7. Add the thin, flattened pita to the pan and cook until it starts to brown, takes about 1 minute. Flip and cook in the same fashion. Once both sides are browned remove from pan.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 with the remaining pita dough.
Recipe makes 6 pitas, serving size is 1 pita.
What can you do with your pita?!
Here are a few options:
Any variety of pizza: pepperoni, veggie, buffalo chicken, etc.
Dip in Hummus
Nutrition Facts per serving: 115 calories, 4.5g total fat, <1g saturated fat, 2.2g protein, 16g carb, 1g fiber, and 11 mg sodium.
Have you tried this recipe? Take a picture of your creation and tag @EnlightenedNutri !