Updated: Feb 18
I feel like French toast is thought of to some as a "bad food". It's too high in carbs, it has too much sugar. It certainly can't fit into a balanced lifestyle! WRONG! Check out this easy idea for French toast: high in fiber & protein!
- 3 slices of a sprouted grains bread (~70 kcal per slice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (Premier Protein powder used)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Whisk the milk, egg, protein powder, and cinnamon together.
2. Dip each slice of bread in the coating and cook until golden brown on each side.
3. Serve with another egg for protein and some fresh fruit!
Nutrition Facts: 390 kcal, 43g carb, 8g fiber, 34g protein, 5g fat, 461mg sodium