Updated: Feb 18, 2020
These no bake granola bars are a delicious option to incorporate into your day!! You can have the whole bar for an on-the-go breakfast option or maybe 1/2 a bar after a workout! They are packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
1 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Protein Powder, Unflavored
1/4 Cup Almonds, Slivered
1/4 Cup Flaxseeds, Ground
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Agave 5
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries (or fruit of choice)
1 Tsp Vanilla
3 Tbsp Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Blend the oatmeal into a flour like consistency in a blender or food processor.
2. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oatmeal, protein powder, almonds, flaxseeds, and dried cranberries). Set aside.
3. In a small pot, combine the following ingredients: peanut butter, agave 5, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Melt ingredients over low heat, stirring constantly.
4. Once ingredients are completely melted, pour over dry ingredients. Mix together well.
5. Line a bread pan with parchment paper, press mixture into the lined pan.
6. Place in freezer for about 20 minutes. Remove from freezer and cut into bars. Recipe makes 6 bars. (*Optional: Melt an additional 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. When melted, drizzle chocolate over bars. Place granola bars back into freezer to mold chocolate. Remove when chocolate is hardened).
7. You can store these bars in the refrigerator for several days. You could also store these in the freezer for several months if they are in an air-tight freezer bag or container.
Nutrition Facts per bar: 300 calories, 30g carb, 12g protein, 16g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 6g fiber, and 104mg sodium.