Updated: Feb 18, 2020
This spaghetti squash recipe is high in protein, fiber, calcium, potassium, and vitamin A!
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 lb. Skinless, Boneless Chicken, Diced
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Garlic, Minced
6 Tsp Corn Starch
1/2 Cup Milk (I used Good Karma Flax Milk)
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock, Unsalted
1/3 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1/2 Cup Canned Artichoke, Chopped
2 Cup Fresh Spinach
1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
Pepper, To Taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash spaghetti squash and cut in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop seeds from spaghetti squash, discard seeds. Place halves face down, rounded side up on an aluminum foil lined sheet pan. Cook for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to skillet on medium heat. Add diced chicken and minced garlic. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
3. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, add milk, chicken stock, greek yogurt, cream cheese, and corn starch. Mix well.
4. When the sauce begins to thicken add parsley, onion powder, artichokes, and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
5. Remove spaghetti squash from oven, use fork to remove squash noodles. Mix noodles with prepared cream sauce in skillet.
6. Return creamy mixture to squash halves. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepper, as desired. Return to oven and cook until cheese is melted (roughly 5 minutes). Remove from oven and enjoy! Recipes serves 4.
Nutrition Facts per 1 cup serving 212 calories, 15g carb, 7.5g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 22g protein, 3.4g fiber, and 333mg sodium.