Calling you Olive Garden lovers! Soup's on!
We simplified this adored soup into an easy meal prep friendly and week night dinner option! We promise, you cannot mess this one up.
3-4 medium russet potatoes
1 pound Italian Sausage
2-3 cloves garlic (1-2 tsp minced garlic)
1 box low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups water
1/2-1 cup heavy whipping cream (depending how rich tasting you prefer)
3-4 cups chopped kale (eye ball it)
Optional: 2-3 bell peppers, diced
1 onion, diced
Dash of red pepper flake
1. Preheat a skillet or pan and start to brown up your Italian sausage.
2. In the mean time, start chopping your potatoes, garlic if not pre-minced, and bell pepper & onion if desired.
* I have made it with or without onion and peppers and it's great either way! Flexible way to use up veggies or add more!
3. Continue to stir your sausage as needed until browned. Drain excess fat if you choose a fattier sausage.
4. Add chopped veggies & browned sausage to your crock pot. Top with 1 box low-sodium chicken broth and 2 cups of water. Everything should be submerged. Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6-8. The point is the took the potatoes until tender.
5. Next, add your heavy whipping cream. If you'd rather keep it lighter, only add about 1/2 cup, but it you're looking for something richer 1 cup is plenty.
6. Add in your chopped kale, it will soften into the soup.
Dish it up! Top with parmesan cheese as desired.
Storage & Meal Prep:
- You can place your crock pot insert with a lid directly into the fridge for storage throughout the week. Only do this for up to 5 days. You could also dish up into Tupperware containers for the fridge.
- After 5 days, make sure to store in the freezer in individual tupperware containers. When ready to eat, just grab one and heat up in the microwave. You can also store in the freezer like this right away.