Brinsley Kubiak, GVSU Clinical Dietetics Intern
Makes about 6 servings
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp stone ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
4 chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil, spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. Rinse and trim chicken breasts, then cut them into medium-sized chunks.
3. Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until combined. Set 1/3 of mixture aside in a separate bowl.
4. Add chicken to the bowl of 2/3 of honey dijon sauce, coating them.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray when pan is warm.
6. Add the chicken chunks to the pan in small batches so the pan isn’t crowded. Brown the tops and bottoms of the chicken by cooking them for about a minute on each side. Once browned, place the chicken onto the baking sheet.
7. Brush remaining honey dijon sauce onto chicken.
8. Place baking sheet in the oven and finish cooking the chicken until no longer pink inside (about 20 minutes).
Nutritional Content of Honey Dijon Sauce
13 g carbs
1 g fiber
0 g protein
10.8 g fat
1.5 g saturated fat
270 mg sodium